Softball and baseball’s favorite newspaper since 1987
By Gerry Turnberg
Central Division Vice President
Hats off to Warren Bellm, Joe Ericksen and the
entire staff at
Congratulations to Resmondo/Specialty Tank/PhoneMasters
for capturing the title and securing their No. 1 ranking.
It was good to have
a bat tester at the
• July 4th is just around the corner! Where has the summer gone? Before we know it, the Vikings will be in training camp and Brett Favre will show up for the last pre-season game and will finally take us to the Promised Land!
Our Youth State
Championships will be held July 17-18 with action taking place in
• A reminder that the Crystal Frolics are just around the corner (July 23-25). If you have questions regarding the event, please contact Scott Berggren or Jim Wajda at the Crystal Park & Recreation Department (763-531-1152).
• Another reminder, all teams going to World tournaments must play in their State tournament and a National tournament.
• The Central Division National Tournaments are held over Labor Day weekend. The sites are:
Men’s C –
Men’s D –
Men’s E –
Women’s B/C & D
– Kansas City,
• With the postseason right around the corner, remember if you play on teams in different classes, you are eligible ONLY for those weekend and postseason tournaments with your HIGHEST classified team. Teams found in violation of this will forfeit all awards and travel expense monies won and individual player eligibility may be placed in jeopardy. Ignorance is not an excuse; know the rules!
• Below is a list of
remaining tournaments that are run by our state office. To enter any of these tournaments (which will
all be played at BeBop’s in
Date Class Tournament
July 10-11 Men’s “C” World NIT
Men’s “D” World NIT
July 30-August 1 Men’s “C” Money Tournament
Men’s “D” Money Tournament
• We are going to have a “Wood Bat” state tournament sponsored by Combat Sports on Sept. 11-12. There will be two divisions – “competitive” for players who played Class C & above and “recreational” for players who played D & E during the summer.
• Check out the Minnesota USSSA website and view the listings of all tournaments. You can also print out copies of numerous fliers for weekend tournaments.
National USSSA Website
If I can be of any assistance in any of your softball needs, please call me at 763.571.1305 x 108 or 1.800.862.3659 x108 or write me at: MRPA 200 Charles Street NE Fridley MN 55432
Remember – it is you, the player, coach, fan, and umpire that make USSSA a GREAT organization and the place to be!