Softball and baseball’s favorite newspaper since 1987
By Gerry Turnberg
Central Divisional Vice President
Our Youth State
Championships were held July 16-17 in
In Girls’ 10 &
In the Girls’ 16
& Under Competitive division,
• The Crystal Frolics,
• Our Regional & State tournaments start the first weekend in August and continue throughout the month of August. World tournaments take center stage in September and our Fall States are in October.
• Another reminder: All teams going to World tournaments must play in their State Tournament and a National Tournament.
• The Central Division National Tournaments will take place over Labor Day weekend with the exception of the Men’s “E” in Bridgeton, Mo., which will be held August 26-28.
Men’s “C” –
Men’s “D” –
Men’s “E” –
Women’s “B/C” &
• With the postseason right around the corner, remember if you play on teams in different classes, you are eligible ONLY for those weekend and post season tournaments with your HIGHEST classified team. Teams found in violation of this will forfeit all awards and travel expense monies won and individual player eligibility may be placed in jeopardy. Ignorance is not an excuse; know the rules!
• Check out the Minnesota USSSA website and view the listings of all tournaments. You can also print out copies of numerous fliers for weekend tournaments.
National USSSA Website Access
If I can be of any assistance in any of your softball needs, please contact me either at 763.571.1305 x 108 or 1.800.862.3659 x108 or e-mail email@example.com
Remember – it is you, the player, coach, fan, and umpire that make USSSA a GREAT organization and the place to be!